IMPORTANT: The site-wide banner is on! More info
Terms and Conditions, Disclaimer and Cookies policy
Terms and Conditions
The domain name travelinescotland.com (and any sub-domains) links to this website ("the website"), a web portal offering public transport journey-planning and transport information on behalf of Traveline Scotland Limited ("Traveline Scotland").
This website is owned and hosted by Trapeze Group (UK) (Trapeze).
Use of this website is subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
Use of the website implies acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, please exit the website immediately.
- Use of the Traveline Scotland Website
The Traveline Scotland website is for the use of private individuals only for personal journey-planning and travel information. Use of the website for business purposes or for non-private use is not permitted: in such circumstances a commercial licence is required - please contact Traveline Scotland for further information.
Accuracy of Information and Content
Traveline Scotland makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the content or information but Traveline Scotland cannot be held liable for the use made of the content or information. Under no circumstances will Trapeze be liable for the accuracy of the content or the information provided by the Traveline Scotland website.
- Availability of the Website
Traveline Scotland and Trapeze cannot guarantee that the site will always be available and will not accept any liability for lack of availability of the Traveline Scotland website.
- Exclusion of Liability
This website is provided to encourage the use of public transport and is free-to-use for private individuals. In the use of the Traveline Scotland website, neither Traveline Scotland nor Trapeze are responsible for any loss suffered, other than for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Traveline Scotland or Trapeze. If relying on the information provided or the content of the Traveline Scotland website may have financial or other consequences, you should protect yourself against any damage that may be caused by checking the accuracy and sufficiency of the information or content; for example, by checking time-table information with the transport provider.
- Privacy Statement
When you register for service updates, the Bulk Journey Planner, share journey plans, or use any "Contact Us" forms that may appear from time to time within the Traveline Scotland website you will be asked to provide your e-mail address and other personal details. Traveline Scotland and/or Trapeze will only use this information to deal directly with your registration, comment or query and will only use personal information supplied in accordance with UK data protection legislation. Personal information will not be passed to third parties.
Any e-mails or other communication sent to you will be clearly marked as coming from Traveline Scotland.
- External Links
The site contains links and references to other web sites operated by third parties. Traveline Scotland and Trapeze cannot be held responsible for the availability, content, products or services or any other material provided on or available through these web sites.
Any site that links to the Traveline Scotland website must comply with the following conditions. Other websites:
- May link to, but not replicate or encapsulate, the Traveline Scotland website.
- Should not misrepresent its relationship with Traveline Scotland or Trapeze or imply that Traveline Scotland or Trapeze are endorsing its products.
- Should not present false information about Traveline Scotland or any public transport service.
- Should not use the Traveline Scotland or Trapeze logos without permission.
- Should not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial and should contain only content that is appropriate to all age groups.
Use of the Traveline Scotland website, and any disputes about its use, will be subject to the laws of Scotland and the Scottish Courts will have the right to hear any disputes.
The public transport information on this site is supplied by Local Authorities and Transport Operators, and is updated on a regular basis.
Timetable and routes may, however, be changed at any time. Whilst every care is taken, neither the Local Authorities, the Transport Operators, Traveline Scotland or Trapeze can accept responsibility for any errors, or any failure of public transport services to operate in accordance with the timetables.
What cookies do
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer or other device. A cookie often includes a unique identifier, which is a randomly generated number. Many cookies are automatically deleted after you finish using a website.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can adapt its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Go to the link at the bottom of this page for more details.
- Cookies for Google Analytics track usage of this Traveline website. This delivers many benefits, allowing us to tell who (in general terms) is using the site: what browsers they use, what times are busiest, how users move from page to page and so on. See this Google page for more details. If you want to opt out of providing this information, you need an add-on to your browser. You can download it from this Google page.
- We use session cookies to make sure your preferences are remembered as you move from one page to another so you don’t have to re-enter information. They are deleted when you close the site. Disabling these means that choosing different languages on the website won’t work properly
- We use persistent cookies so that you can save data or favourites. These stay on your machine. Disabling these means: Favourite journeys or locations cannot be saved or viewed, and the Bulk Journey Planner will not process jobs or you cannot view previous jobs.
In summary, some of the cookies described above are important to make this website work fully. Others collect information to help us improve our services by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.
You can choose to disable cookies but if you do, you may find parts of the site do not work properly.
How to control cookies
Methods of controlling cookies depend on which web browser you use. For more detials, visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/